Sunday, September 7, 2014

Internet bad ass.....

I've never really been described as a bad ass....maybe a couple of times during heated arguments with a soon to be ex husband when I actually found my voice & stood up for myself but in general...not so much!

In the past month or so  I've had occasion to feel a little bad assay/assy/assie ?????

First there was the FB "friend", really an acquaintance, one of those "if we weren't in these circumstances there's no way we'd be friends" friends....we all have them, they send you a friend request, you feel obliged to accept, you instantly regret it but you're already in too deep & to unfriend would cause drama...

This "friend", lets call them Betty & I seriously have nothing in common except our country of birth, Betty seemed ok at first, a little odd but generally I embrace that in a friend, makes me seem less of an absolute wacko! But then Betty got comfortable.....too comfortable....when I supported Gay Pride month, Betty went all fire & damnation preaching on my post, I fought back...called in backup from friends who fought too but Betty wasn't going down without a fight....bible verses were thrown, a fair amount of foul language was used, but I love a good "discussion" as much as the next person, so as much as what Betty wrote made me want to spit fire in their face I moved on...you're entitled to your opinion, albeit a sexist/racist/stupid one.

Betty then threw down with a post about guns....it said "Over 50 times more students die on campus from binge drinking and drugs than from shootings....still think guns are the problem" I politely, yes really....replied with "If my child dies from a drug overdose or binge drinking that was my childs doing, they chose to take those drugs or drink. If my child is murdered at school in a shooting that was not their choice, that was another persons choice to kill my child....so yes I do think guns and the people that use them are still the problem"

And that was my bad ass moment....the moment I posted that on Bettys wall....the moment several of Bettys friends liked my post....the moment Betty had no answer....BOOYA! And then Betty blocked me :) Not an unfriend, we know too many mutual people....but a block, a "I can't handle this chick and her comments" block....because maybe, just maybe Betty....you know I'm right...mwahahahahaha!

I don't have any pics of me looking bad ass....this is a pic of my baby bad asses last week...they were being gangsta....(yup, told you, just not real badassy people...lol)


My second bad ass moment came this week....when my comment on a local mom board was removed!

Seriously....I'm telling' ya....watch out....just call me Katniss, I'm a girl on fire!

The post was about how a school, I believe in Australia had banned children from doing cartwheels on the playground or in PE because of the dangers...the question was "What do you think about this?"

Are.you.kidding.me.

When I was in elementary school we used to do cartwheels and handstands up against a wall wearing dresses to show the boys our knickers....these days I'd probably be labelled a whore as well as a rebellious bad ass for doing that, you know those days of the week undies in the 70's were so sexy!

So....I wrote,

"Seriously ? Why don't we put each of our kids in a bubble before we send them off to school for the day, this is just ridiculous"

The post stayed there for a while, I checked a couple hrs later to see if anyone else had commented...and then suddenly...BAM! my post gone and all the bubble parents responses of, oh yes cartwheels are so dangerous remained!!!! 

I'm so glad I'm not a bubble parent, my kids are so glad I'm not a bubble parent & they secretly like that I'm a bit of a bad ass every now and then....go ahead kids, do cartwheels, climb rocks, jump off stuff, drink beer in college (in moderation of course)...be gay, be straight, support your friends, be who you want to be, be kind, don't hurt people.....

But most of all, be a little bad ass every once in a while :)

2 comments: