Saturday, January 11, 2014

#1 Ingredient,,,,,


Since moving to Colorado last summer and having to learn how to bake all over again I’ve discovered the #1 ingredient in all recipes is creativity! Unless you have a tried and true recipe it’s really a crapshoot…. and even then it’s a crapshoot!

Today I decided to whip up some of my bff’s family recipe of Johnnycake, don’t call it cornbread…it’s not and they’ll kick your ass for saying so.

As I got ready to serve dinner the following conversation took place…

Cal: What did you do to the Johnnycake?
Me: Nothing
Cal: Ummmmm, that’s not nothing
Me: I don’t know what you mean
Cal: It’s…..well…..it’s….
Me: It’s lucky, that’s what it is, lucky Johnnycake…make a wish!
Cal: You couldn’t shape it like a clover? Or a rabbits foot?
Me: Nope…. lucky horseshoe Johnnycake.


High Altitude baking 101 - Go with the flow and hope you get lucky!

1 comment: