Monday, April 14, 2014

Is it a cat ? Is it a rabbit ? No...its a catabbit!

It all started with Pinterest......

Actually it probably started when we decided to decorate for Easter and realized we were seriously lacking in the whole bunny, chick, egg deco's department....so we headed to Pinterest!

Handcrafted fabulousness shone from every corner...but the thing that caught Finn & mines eyes.....

Handmade stuffed bunnies!!!

Some were cute...some a smidge creepy but all were adorable in their own way...
We needed to make bunnies!

Next I had the fantastic stupid idea that we should design our own bunnies...patterns are for losers and my printers out of ink till next payday anyway! So the kids drew their bunny designs, Finn apparently assuming I took sewing lessons from the elves of The elves and the shoemaker fame and drew tiny little pictures...Cal showed off his artistic (or lack thereof) talents...(really I'm not one to talk after this project!) and Mai was on hand to thread the sewing machine for me...when did I get old lady squinty eyes?





They raided the fabric stash, left me their instructions and abandoned me to play wii...

What followed was several hrs of foul language, several moments of hysterical laughter (there's no way to shove stuffing up a rabbits butt with teenagers in the house that doesn't result in some crude comments!) and 3 bunnies that quite possibly will be featured in a series of pinterest fails!


I'm not sure what happened or why his arm is growing out of his neck...I asked Cal if he was going to snuggle with his bunny & a look of fear came across his face...the name Rayman Raving Rabbid may have been mentioned...



You may think that deformed leg was due to operator error and quite frankly I wouldn't blame you...but nope, all part of the design, it is apparently an alien pirate rabbit and that is his peg leg!


Maisie was unavailable to pose with her delightful creation, hers is most definitely the most well made of the bunch (which is quite a scary thought) but those ears.....cat ? bat ? she devil ?


I have no doubt that these snugly terrifying creatures won't be the last of our pinterest fails...lol

Stay tuned this week for another we've lost our mind crafting project!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment